Thursday, July 4, 2024

The Way The Cookie Crumbles

So my chocolate chip cookies have been working out ok, but one thing I wanted to change was how thin and crispy they were baking up. This is largely due to substituting some of the white flour for buckwheat, which has a lot less structure to it and thus doesn't hold the cookie's shape as much when it's baking.

Thus, this time around I added an extra 20g of flour, and the difference is quite easily noticeable.

It should be pretty obvious to tell which cookie is from the old batch. They're still somewhat far from being food stylist chocolate chip cookies, which I'm pretty sure are actually just shortbread with chocolate chips shoved into them, but that's not really what I'm aiming for anyway. I want them to be crunchy and caramely with that burnt molasses flavour. If I'm going to eat a cookie, it damn well better punch me in the tastebuds with flavour, looks be damned.

No comments: