It's a bit further back than I'd like since the vanity is shallower than standard, but it'll do. I'm planning to get rid of the ugly, rusted over-toilet-shelf-organizer thing and replacing it with a cabinet a bit higher up on the wall, so that should free up a bit of elbow space and make it easier to reach the paper.
Next up, some "before" pictures of today's hantavirus-shelf destruction:
And looking at these I just realized that I forgot to remove one of the metal shelf brackets in the last photo. Oh well, I've still got plenty more work to go so I'll get to it then. It doesn't look like much, but I pulled down quite a lot of poorly cut, shoddily assembled lumber.
The important thing here is that the shelves above where the washer and dryer will be going are gone. The installer is supposed to be putting them in this Saturday and I wanted them out before that so I didn't have to risk accidentally dropping shelf bits on them later when I was tearing things down. Mission accomplished.