Sunday, December 23, 2018

Dead Head


Some heads may be more dead than others. It looks like the neighbourhood dinosaurs are exacting their revenge on the mammals that displaced them, and I can't say I'm all that upset about it given how much poop those little rodents have left in my garage and hantavirus shed. (Looks like a Cooper's Hawk to me)

But that's not the type of dead head I was intending to write this post about before I got distracted by the goings-on in my back yard.


Rather, today turned out to be a gardening day, and I spent a fair few hours outside dead-heading the plants in the front yard, as well as pruning back a bit of frost damage. Some eye-candy 'after' pictures:











The plant life is looking not half bad, if I do say so myself. There's some plants that are dead, and a few others that I'll probably want to kill at some point due to having been mangled a bit in their past life. But that's for future-me to worry about.

I also need to hire a palm pruning service, as my palm is getting a bit of a shaggy beard.


Finally, I took the opportunity of being out in the yard to run the cover for one of my couches through my fancy new washer and dryer, and it came out looking quite lovely indeed.


I didn't get as much done today as I might have originally planned, but in all I'd say I made some good progress.

4 comments:

Mr.T. said...

I'm amazed they left all the potted plants. There were loads in our yard and all of them went.

Nicoya said...

To be fair, half the pots are dead. From what I heard they're planning to move to Colorado or something but didn't have a house lined up when they sold, so keeping a bunch of potted plants would have been a pain in the ass for them.

Unknown said...

Nice!

Nicoya said...

Sadly the marigold has since frozen to death.