Saturday, November 11, 2023

Dropping My Drawers

It is a well known fact (well, occasionally not so well known) that every sewing table has a drawer in it. My industrial sewing machine is no different, as we can see.

Where is the drawer? It's out there, somewhere, living its best life.

Anyway, since I need a drawer I can actually use, I ordered one up.

So let's get the old drawer slide bracket out of the way and install this new one.

And if you were wondering if it was covered in glitter, the answer is yes, yes it is.

So with that removed, it's time to install the new slides. The easiest way to do this is to start by installing one side, making sure to set it back from the front edge of the table by the appropriate amount so that the drawer doesn't stick out when it's closed but still opens far enough to be useful.

Then put the drawer in place and use it to space out the second drawer slide.

And that is one successfully installed sewing machine table drawer.

All that's left to do is fill it with machine-specific bits and bobs like presser feet and needles and spare bobbins.

And that's another job crossed off the list. I do intend to eventually replace this table top, but I can move this drawer to the new top whenever that day comes.

No comments: