Friday, November 3, 2023

Roasty-Toasty

I let my thermostat set back at night in order to save a little bit of energy, and as a result my bedroom can get a bit on the cold side. This normally shouldn't be the worst problem, except that basically since forever this has caused me to get pretty severe body aches that keep me awake, which is kind of the opposite of how I'd like to be while laying in bed.

Not long after I moved to California, I picked up this delightful little electric oil radiator, which I use during our bitterly cold winters to keep the chill off.

It's not entirely ideal though, as it has to heat up my entire room before I feel any of its warmth, and that can take a fair bit of time.

So, with that in mind, I decided to experiment with a more direct solution.

Yes, I finally bought a Literie Chauffante. But it's not going to do any good in the bag, let's get it installed.

First test passed: I bought the right size.

But the second test is the big one: does it heat? I turned on one side, threw my blanket over it, and let it toast for a hot minute (literally).

On the cool side...

"Cool" being a relative term, of course.

And on the hot side...

Yup, that should be plenty toasty. That's at max heat, so I can turn it down a fair ways from there.

I have yet to actually sleep a night on it, but here's hoping that things go well!

No comments: