Friday, November 17, 2023

Robo-Sew

Recently I decided that while I enjoy sewing, I find the actual act of doing the sewing itself to be painfully tedious, even with the basic mechanized assistance of a sewing machine doing most of the work for me. Most is not enough. Therefore, I decided it was high time I invested in a completely automated CNC sewing experience, where I need not trouble myself with actually engaging with the hobby on a personal level at all.

So it was just my luck that I found this Brother PE800 computerized embroidery machine sitting on eBay, selling for well below its usual market value. "It's jamming, selling as-is for parts only" the description said. Well, we'll see about that.

So with that taken care of, I tried stitching a second pattern and yeah.

It really does work just fine.

No comments: