Friday, November 3, 2023

Cha-Cha Real Smooth

Slide to the left.

Slide to the right.

Criss-cross.

Let's go to work!

As you can see, the bobbin slide has arrived from the mysterious land to the east. The reinforcement plate with the oil hole is a little off center, which leads me to believe that this is probably a factory reject that some sub-sub-sub-sub-contract manufacturer decided to dispose of as they pleased, in this case by selling it on AliExpress. It does the job just fine and was like $3 so I'm not complaining one bit. I'm happy to save this from the landfill.

This sewing machine is really starting to come together, and definitely looks much better with the slide in place. Also, since it's ferromagnetic (I'm guessing it's nickel-plated mild steel) I can use some of the magnetic seam guides I got, which will be nice.

You know, it occurs to me that at some point I'm going to have to sew an actual project with this machine instead of just tinkering with it...

No comments: