Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Mad Scientist Lair

 My nerd cave is starting to shape up nicely.

Some notable recent additions: a light blue silicone soldering mat (keeps you from burning holes in the benchtop), a little brass scrubby holder for wiping off the soldering iron, a hot air rework gun, a bino microscope for inspecting tiny components, a signal generator (I may have covered some of these in previous posts), and finally a 4-channel scope: a Siglent 1104 X-E.

It took me quite a while to settle on which scope to get, but in the end I settled on this 4-channel model, specifically because it has the option to later upgrade it to an MSO with the addition of a logic analyzer module.

I've still got more stuff on the short list to buy, but things are coming along quite nicely.

No comments: