Thursday, December 21, 2023

We Have To Go Deeper

Recently I had a bit of tragic misfortune befall my kitchen recycling bin.

One of the handles, which I use quite a lot, finally snapped after many long years of faithful, reliable service. I suppose I had been expecting this to happen, as this bin was made out of a more rigid plastic than the type I usually associate with garbage bins, and so a brittle fracture like this was perhaps inevitable.

Thankfully, new recycle bins aren't too hard to come by, though the change in colour might take a little getting used to.

This is not a compost bin, it is a recycle bin.

Anyway, the new bin is a bit bigger which is nice. It still basically fits in the same space as it gained more in depth (as in front to back, not height) than it did in width. I wasn't exactly hurting with the old bin, but I would occasionally find things stacking up by the end of the week.

Of course, this does leave me pondering a conundrum, a puzzle almost identical to one that has vexed me since time immemorial. Ever since I was a young child, I've always wondered: can you throw out a garbage can?

I may not find the answer to that exact question, but soon I will know if you can recycle a recycling bin.

No comments: