Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Green, Green Grass

My emotional support lawn is responding nicely to the fertilizing and overseeding.

Perhaps a bit too nicely. I was intending to leave it for 6 weeks before mowing it, so that the new grass shoots could get better established, but it was getting to be a wee bit much.

Thankfully, those new grass shoots were looking pretty decent, so I decided to give it a go. Or give it a mow, as the case may be.

I think this is the first time I've ever managed to fill the bag on my mower since the day I bought it. Usually I only get maybe a handful of clippings.

In theory I could mulch instead of bag, but meh, whatever.

Anyway, it's mowed now, and I think this might even help the new grass a little as the old stuff won't be shading it out as much. Time will tell, I suppose.

No comments: