Sunday, October 1, 2023

Slice and Dice

In hindsight, I probably should have ordered something to open these packages with.

I actually already have a seam ripper, but it's a pretty basic one and, oddly, doesn't have a bead on the blunt side, which makes it a bit more likely to dive through the fabric rather than skimming along the backside of the seam.

I also technically have scissors, but these tailor's scissors will be nice to keep just for fabric and pattern making. (Yes, technically cutting paper will dull scissors slightly faster than just fabric, but I know how to sharpen scissors and, let's be honest, these were pretty cheap. If I ruin them, I can always just buy more)

The pinking shears are the only fully new scissors for my arsenal. Ironically, a day after I put in this Amazon order I noticed a sign for an estate sale just down the street from me. If there's one thing you can count on finding at an estate sale, it's a set of barely used pinking shears.

I didn't end up checking out the estate sale. After all, I already had a set of pinking shears on their way to me.

No comments: