Friday, October 27, 2023

Silver Showers

Not golden showers, those are different.

When I purchased this fine abode, with it came a reasonably nice shower head in the ensuite bathroom.

It had seen a few years before the sale, and has certainly seen a few years since, and it was finally getting to the state where dousing it with CLR would no longer revitalize its youthful vigour.

I had fully intended to purchase an identical replacement, or one near enough to such, as I had no issue with its functioning, but I came to discover one harsh truth about the world we live in: name-brand shower heads are expensive.

So instead of the Home of Despots, I made my way to the Home of Bezos, and picked up this little number fresh off the boat from the mysterious markets of the orient.

I've been enjoying the rain shower head that's installed in the main bathroom, and the design with the grid of water nipples seems to be highly resistant to mineral buildup, so I'm hoping that despite its bargain price, this shower head will last me a fair few years.

Now the keen eyed among you will notice a critical part is missing from this installation: the government mandated flow restrictor, but fear not! I was not short-changed in my shipment, as the box did contain the vital earth-saving device.

Here you can see it in my very own hands, shortly before I definitely, totally installed it per the directions included in the box. However, in my eager haste to comply with this legal government mandate, I clumsily forgot to take an "after" picture showing it screwed securely in place. So, you must forgive me, and merely use your imagination to picture it doing its job reducing the shower flow as our honourable elected officials intended it to do.

No comments: