Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Apple, Tarted

After making a batch of pot pies, I found myself in possession of a small excess of puff pastry. A terrible burden, I know. I decided to remedy this injustice by improvising a small tart with some ingredients I had on hand.

The puff pastry is the obvious player here, and an apple sliced into 8 wedges serves to give the tart the bulk of its character. Between the two I layered some cottage cheese topped with cinnamon and honey, and then I topped things off with a sprinkling of granulated white sugar.

The end result was decent, but all the same it wasn't really magical. Still, it was better than letting the puff pastry go to waste.

I think next time I might just try making strips and topping them with cinnamon and sugar and see how that turns out. Maybe make them into little cinnamon twists.

No comments: