Thursday, May 6, 2021

Musical Pots

A while back one of the daisies lost a few branches and gained a bit of a port-side list.

And by "a bit" I mean "a lot". It's been basically hanging over the edge of the pot for a year or two now, and it's about time I gave up on just waiting for it to right itself.

This calls for repotting.

But repotting requires a new pot, and it just so happens I have one in mind.

However, it's in use. The fuchsia in this pot has had its ups and downs, and mostly its had a bit of difficulty growing to its full potential due to the fact that the pot is only about half full of soil. It definitely needs more, but you can't exactly just dump more dirt on top, so fixing this is the perfect opportunity to repot it.

Off to the home depot and a bit of green thumbing later, and magically it has a new home.

Slightly bigger pot, and actually full of dirt. Much better.

So now I have a pot freed up for the daisy, and in it goes, with a moderate attitude adjustment.

It would be nice if the pot wasn't chipped, but that predates my ownership of it by quite a while. The old pot was broken and glued together though, so this is at least an improvement over that.

Oh, and I also deadheaded it. At some point I'll give it a bit more pruning to try to train it up more, but for now I'll just try to keep it from dying while it adapts to its new home.

No comments: