Thursday, August 6, 2020

The Dent in My Forehead

I am not a tall person by any measure, but nonetheless I have found that one too many times my head has contacted the chandelier in my bike area.

So I replaced it with something with a bit more clearance.

Naturally the wiring had been half-assed by the previous owner. Here's a list of boneheaded fuck-ups:

  1. No strain relief clamp on the new wires entering the box.
  2. Fixture ground wire left just swinging in the breeze, ground screw on fixture mounting bracket left completely untouched.
  3. White return wire from remote switch not marked with black electrical tape.
Anyway, I didn't think to pick up a strain relief clamp when I was out, and installing it would have meant crawling around in the attic, so I left that deficiency to fix at a later date.

In the meantime, I found an appropriate place to put the cheap, ugly chandelier.


No comments: