Sunday, August 9, 2020

Cozy and Quiet

 One of the challenges of carrying tools and spares on the bike is figuring out where to fit them. The other challenge is keeping them from rattling around constantly and scuffing against each other. I wasn't satisfied with the arrangement I came up with on The Crimson Ghost so I got a tube strap and top tube bag to replace the pouch I had down near the bottom bracket that was interfering with where the bottle cage usually goes.

Of course with the pump and CO2 just loose in the top tube bag they would have rattled around like the dickens, so I stitched up some cozies for them out of some fleece I had left over from making my sound panels.

I left the edges of the flap square for the one with the pump and didn't really like how they looked, so I rounded them for the one for the CO2 cartridges. On the other hand I got the length spot on for the pump but ended up almost short for the CO2. But they both work so whatever. Blissful silence!

No comments: