Friday, August 7, 2020

Incremental Upgrades

 Yesterday I took the bikes out to stretch their legs, and as I was kind of expecting Rabbit Season didn't have enough juice left in its poor battery to start. The battery is still the original from 2016 so it didn't owe me anything, and it had been going a little soft since the winter. I boosted it and rode it around anyway, but I decided it was time to just swap it out.

So swap it out I did; I nipped down to the battery store and got a replacement for both Rabbit Season and Scooty-Puff, opting to go lithium this time. I've been having good luck with the lithium battery in Orthrus so I figured it was worth a few extra pennies to keep the trend rolling. Plus they're way, waaaay lighter.

On the unpowered bike front, I swapped out the dropper seat post on The Crimson Ghost. The one it came with was a RaceFace Turbine, a model that was not known for its trouble-free operation. For me, it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, and I got tired of trying to figure out what magic incantation would make it behave, so I just decided to do the simple thing and swap it out for a shiny new OneUp dropper.

The installation was nice and easy, and the new dropper works flawlessly. Let's hope it stays that way.

No comments: