Saturday, May 13, 2023

Making A Mole Hill Out Of A Mountain

I have moles in my yard. They've been here, as far as I can tell, longer than I have. They enjoy running around under the mulch and munching on bugs. They don't pay rent, but for the most part they also don't make a mess.

Well, for the most part.

Usually they just leave little raised tracks that are easy to stomp down, but sometimes they need to properly dig to get under something hard and immobile, like this concrete step outside of the former hantavirus shed.

When this happens, just stomping it back down isn't really sufficient, and a more invasive intervention is needed.

I need to rake back the mulch, level out and stomp down the dirt, then rake the mulch back into place again. A bit more of a bother, but all things considered, not the worst thing that could happen.

Good as new. Until their next digging session.

No comments: