Saturday, May 20, 2023

Life Springs Eternal

The daikon sprouting is a good thing. Too much daikon sprouting is less than ideal, as they need about 4-6 inches of space between them. My haphazard sewing of the seeds did not result in the ideal spacing.

There's a few patches where I didn't end up with any sprouts, and there's not really much I can do about that. There's also patches where the sprouts are much too thick on the ground, and there is something I can do for those.

Overseeding like this is actually a pretty normal technique. The idea is that you plant more than you need to hopefully ensure you aren't left with any gaps, then once the sprouts pop up you pinch out the weaker ones to make room for the stronger.

Provided these actually grow properly, they should spread out their leaves to cover most of this space. Maybe. I'm still not entirely confident in this actually happening.

No comments: