Saturday, March 20, 2021

The Fan Club

It's safe to say that I've got some really big fans.

For the longest time I've been just using some household fans to keep me cool when I'm riding my bike on the trainer, but while they deliver a pleasant breeze in the context of just sitting around doing nothing, they really fall short when it comes to high intensity exercise.

So it was high time I upgraded, and I got this pair of industrial strength high velocity fans, and the difference is night and day. They move so much air that it's actually almost too cold when I start my workout, and where before I'd usually be dripping with sweat by the time I was 10 minutes in, I'm now staying almost dry for the full hour.

They're surprisingly quiet for what they are too; I'm finding that the noise from the fans themselves is about the same level as the wind noise of the air whipping past my ears. It's not like I'm trying to exercise next to a vacuum cleaner or something. So that's nice.

All in all, well worth the price to upgrade.

As for why my mountain bike is temporarily on the trainer, this will be covered in the next post.

No comments: