Monday, February 25, 2019

Well, that part works at least

Dig a hole, watch it fill with water.


Mother nature's miracles. Didn't even rain, that's just ground water trickling in.

I filled in the last of the gravel today and installed the box for the outlet. However I ran into a snag when A: I ran out of daylight, and B: I discovered that the breakers I thought were unused, weren't unused. Woe is me. Thankfully there's an empty space in the panel so I just dropped by the Home Despot to pick up a new duplex breaker which I'll be wiring in probably tomorrow, assuming it's not pouring down with rain.

In other news, I evicted the world's shittiest doorknob from my furnace closet.



And replaced it with a new one that actually matches the rest of the knobs in the house.



Downside I guess is that I can no longer lock people into the tiny space between the door and the furnace? Dunno why they used an exterior locking knob there. Maybe to keep Santa from coming down the furnace flue.

I need to replace the hinges too because they look just as hideous as the door knob, but that can wait for another day.

6 comments:

TG said...

Wow, they sure did a poor job of painting that door too. They probably just had an old shitty knob leftover from replacing an exterior door.

That reminds me, I gotta finish replacing all the gold knobs and hinges in my house. The previous owner had a habit of painting all over the hinges so they look hideous.

Nicoya said...

I will never, ever understand people who paint over door hardware. Like, just take it off or mask over it, it's not that hard!

Unknown said...

I noticed the shitty paint job too. Nice new knob! I need to strip the paint from most of the vintage door hardware here.

Nicoya said...

Just make sure it's less money/work than buying new old-looking hardware.

Unknown said...

I've heard it comes off pretty easy if you soak it in a slow cooker.

Unknown said...

(It's not high on my list of priorities.)