Monday, April 7, 2008

It's a monster!

I just got my new Torker AX29, and it's sure big! I took a picture of it next to my Nimbus 20 and another of it standing all alone.

It was a bit of a bear trying to get it assembled, since both the frame and the seat post are aluminum I ran into a bit of galling when I first tried to insert it. A bit of sanding, filing, cutting the seat post a bit shorter (I have short legs, sue me) and it was all good.

It's very different to ride compared to my 20s, especially since I ordered it with the shorter cranks (same size as my 20s, but it usually comes with ones an inch longer). It takes a lot more force on the pedals to mount or when things get a bit out of sorts.

All in all, though, I love it!

2 comments:

noricum said...

Why did you get shorter cranks? (Just curious.) Which side is the front, the high side or the low side?

Nicoya said...

The high side is the front, the low side is much wider to fit comfortably under your butt.

I got the shorter cranks for easier pedalling and so that I'd have a better chance of my legs reaching them when they're at the bottom.