Saturday, April 19, 2008

I'm in ur country, stealing ur jobs!

So, I'm in Glendive, MT for the evening. Customs went very smoothly, the border official that issued my Visa seemed more concerned about filling out the forms correctly than figuring out if I was a terrorist or not.

Some things of note:
  1. I passed someone riding a bike down Pembina Highway that looked an awful lot like Tyler. I'm not sure why Tyler would be riding his bike down Pembina on a Saturday morning, so I'll just assume it was his evil twin.
  2. The Hardees Jalapeno Thickburger is divine bliss, though not quite as good as the chili cheeseburgers I had with Bob on Friday.
  3. The curbs at gas station entrances have a sneaky way of hiding in shadows when you're tired from driving. No damage done, thankfuly.
  4. Someone west of here is making a whole lot of money selling boom lifts to someone east of here.
  5. The Theodore Roosevelt park looks like it would be really pretty at sunset. Sadly it was mostly cloudy by the time I got there.
  6. Strong tailwinds make for awesome gas mileage.
Today's journey:


View Larger Map


I think tomorrow I'll try for Twin Falls, Idaho. It's a few more hours driving than I did today, but I'll be on the road earlier and I won't have to spend an hour waiting at the border.

3 comments:

noricum said...

You didn't go though Brandon? Were you trying to make better time, or are Doug and Judy out of town?

Nicoya said...

Doug and Judy weren't going to be in until the evening.

tygunn said...

Looks like you're making nice progress. I punched in your addy and my GPS suggested an interesting route cutting across southern MB along some strange little highways before going down into the states. Guess it is TECHNICALLY the shortest path.

Sounds like your saturday was a lot more exciting than mine! Although I did get to power rake my lawn; neighbour rented one. GRUNTGRUNTGRUNT!