Sunday, April 6, 2008

More car fun

I managed to get a stone chip in my windshield the other day. I was driving down Gateway when I heard the ominous "thwack" of a stone hitting the windshield. I took a quick look to see if I could see a chip anywhere, but none was to be found.

So today I'm out grocery shopping and I pull into the superstore parking lot, and I see this odd glint on the windshield. I get out to take a closer look, and I finally see a stone chip right on the shaded part of the windshield just behind the rear-view mirror, and a nice big crack going half way down.

Oh well, good thing I got the low deductable with the cheap windshield replacement option. It was getting kind of sandblasted anyway. I'm going to see if I can get the body shop to do a few rust touchups around the windshield while they're replacing it too.

4 comments:

noricum said...

Bummer about the chip. However, having a nice, fresh windshield for travelling will be nice. (Until you get a chip on said trip.)

Nicoya said...

I'm hoping the new one lasts until it's starting to get sandblasted again.

tygunn said...

Just don't try and haul PVC piping with your new windshield -- you certainly don't want to punch a hole through it like I did with my old windshield. :)

Nicoya said...

Hmm, turns out the cheap windshield replacement deductible level no longer exists. At least it's only $200.