Sunday, October 2, 2022

Do Fence Me In

For a while now I've been bothered by some of the lattice on my fence. It's made by just stapling the crossing pieces of wood together, and inevitably those staples loosen up as the wood shrinks and warps and so on. Two of the vertical pieces had become dislodged and had shifted out of place, though luckily they didn't go missing, and so today I crawled up there with my brad nailer and bradded them back in place.

I didn't take a "before" picture, but just imagine a few of the vertical slats being out of place. It looks much better now.

By the way, have I mentioned I don't like squirrels?

Well, I don't like squirrels.

Anyway, while I'm up here, let's take a nice silhouetted picture of my palm tree.

Those billions of seeds hanging from the flower stalks are why I need to get it trimmed every spring. Otherwise I end up with billions of palm seedlings popping up all over the place, which I don't want.

But it's not spring yet, so they can just stay up there doing their thing.

In other news, the fog in the morning these days is sometimes picturesque.

It's a nice change from the heat wave we had a few weeks ago.

No comments: