Monday, October 31, 2022

Guaranteed Waterproof

(Not a guarantee)

When I specced out The Stig, I always had in mind that I wanted a frame with built-in fender mounts, so that I could use the bike in the winter when the rain started to fall. I picked up the fenders a few weeks ago, and this week I finally installed them.

The install went pretty smoothly, though a few modifications were needed here and there, as is tradition.

I had been slightly concerned that there might not be enough clearance to the toolkit in the underslung bottle cage, but luckily there's just enough space to be comfortable.

I took it for a spin this morning and everything seemed to hold up just fine, though as you might expect, the roads were dry as a bone. I'm sure I've single-handedly doomed all of California to another year of drought.

No comments: