Saturday, August 6, 2022

Fix It Again, Tony

Why fix something once when you can fix it twice?

A while back I got a few inexpensive motorcycle covers, only to fairly quickly realize that they are, in fact, cheap. They generally do their job of keeping the sun from baking the plastics on my bikes, but other than that they're kind of a fail, especially considering that half the fabric they're made out of (the lower, silvery half) actually isn't itself UV resistant, and has been slowly disintegrating in the sunlight. Lovely.

Anyway, that's a problem for future-me. Today-me needs to deal with the cheap, shitty snap-buckles they came equipped with to keep the covers from blowing away. They're made out of some kind of brittle, garbage plastic that seems to enjoy shattering at the slightest provocation.

That ain't holding nothin' nowhere. Luckily after the last time this happened I ended up buying a bulk pack of snap buckles, so I had a replacement lined up and ready to go.

A much better quality replacement, which honestly feels a bit pointless to use on this shitty motorcycle cover, but whatever I guess.

No comments: