Tuesday, August 2, 2022

By Any Other Name

For some time now, the rose bush has had a problem. When I first inherited it, it looked a little (emphasis on 'little') like this.

It has, over the past few years, grown to become a little bit more unruly.

The main problem being that the original stakes were nowhere near sufficient to be able to hold up the new growth, being both too short to reach and too weak to support the weight of the growing plant.

So a few months back I bought a new set of bamboo stakes, with the intent of giving the rose a little haircut and redoing the stakes completely.

Then I got lazy.

But I am lazy no more, as I've finally gotten around to doing a bit of yard work again, and I must say the rose is looking much more under control again.

Dead-headed, pruned back, and staked up with plenty of room to grow.

Into the sin bin with you, old stakes and tangled branches.

No comments: