Sunday, July 17, 2022

Inflation is Killing Me

So recently I also noticed that my iPhone's battery was turning into a spicy pillow, for the second time. It's an iPhone 7 so it's certainly been around a little while, and I already got the battery swapped once a few years ago.

But as is evident by the screen lifting on the one side there, the second battery is well on its way out the door now too.

Given that I am somewhat reliant on the phone remaining water resistant, since it sits in my jersey pocket when I'm cycling, this situation needed to be addressed.

Of course, since the iPhone 7 is quite old now, I decided that this 'addressing' would come in the form of an iPhone SE (3rd gen).

Meet the new phone, same as the old phone. I went with the SE because I like the smaller form factor, and I really prefer TouchID over the alternatives. Hopefully this phone will last me another 6 years.

No comments: