Saturday, July 9, 2022

Electrical Food Obliteration

So I decided that it's finally time to make an addition to my kitchen gadgetry. Thus, today I welcome the new member of the appliance family: the food processor.

It slices, it dices.

It spiralizes, for some reason. I'm not really sure why someone would want to spiralize food, but this can do it in a flat spiral or a spaghetti spiral.

So now I have two different ways to wonder why anyone would want to do this.

No matter, though. Moving on.

We have the usual mandolin disk.

Which shreds on the other side.

These disks are notorious for breaking when a piece of food accidentally gets jammed between the disk and the lid. Pro tip: don't press so hard. Also unless you're trying to grate like 5 pounds of cheese, maybe you don't need to use the electrified version of this tool.

Anyway, it also comes with this wee little cleaning brush, which is nice.

I decided to store it here in the handle of the bowl, so I'll always remember where it is, about a half second after it slides into my food when I tip the bowl to pour out the contents.

So why did I finally buy a food processor? The answer is simple: pie dough. Cutting butter into pie dough by hand is an annoying and frustrating process that tends to take forever and get butter and flour everywhere. I've done it probably a half dozen times now and it's still annoying, and so it's well past time I spent the $50 to automate it away.

I'm sure I'll probably find other uses for it too. Time will tell.

No comments: