Saturday, May 14, 2022

Lantana, again

Ok, take two. After the peculiar number of frosts over the past winter, only 2 of the 4 lantana I planed last fall survived. Since I was swinging by Home Despot this morning I decided to check out the garden center, and was pleased to find that they had some in stock, so I picked up 3 new ones to fill in the gaps.

The gaps:

You can sort of see the ones from last fall sprouting back up again. Hopefully they'll get established over the summer and be able to weather next winter ok.

The new ones are a bit bigger than the ones I planted last year. It just happened to be the size they had available. With any luck the head start they got in the nursery will help them put down a healthy root system so that they can weather the frost too.

And if not, they're only like $7 each. I'd just rather not have to dig more holes, to be honest.

No comments: