Monday, March 21, 2022

Slimming Down

So I inherited a whisk a while back, the proceeds of an estate sale picked up for a dime and passed on to me to fill my kitchen when I moved out. It was a decent whisk, good all-metal construction, but had its age on it. It aged enough that the chrome finish had worn off in places, and the non-stainless steel beneath was rusting.

Thus, it came time to replace it.

The old whisk is a balloon whisk, which is named for its wide, balloon-like shape. There's nothing particularly wrong with this sort of design, save for the fact that it does take up a bit more space in a drawer than a standard whisk, which is what I decided to replace it with. No matter the kitchen, space for tools and utensils will always be a consideration.

There are certainly other whisks I might add to my collection later. Perhaps a flat whisk for making sauces, or the miraculous dough whisk which is an amazing tool for bringing together doughs.

No comments: