Saturday, January 29, 2022

Plant Armor

Once a year my palm tree gets a beard trimming. I call up a tree trimmer and trade $200 for the peace of mind of knowing that the job will be done well and safely.

But there's a few plants around the base of the palm, and the purple sage in particular tends to get some damage since its trunk is very woody and brittle.

In order to avoid this, I built a few little frames out of the remains of the old hantavirus shelves that I ripped out of the car hole.

They're each a slightly different size because the wood scraps were not exactly cut with any particular care and attention to... literally anything. Crooked cuts, weird, uneven lengths, etc. I'm glad I got rid of those shelves.

Anyway, it should keep the falling palm fronds from completely destroying the sage plants.

No comments: