Thursday, April 9, 2020

Awkward Timing

So my Mac Mini just up and died on me. I saw a notification to install the latest 10.15.4 update and clicked through to let it do its thing and went on my merry way. It was supposed to reboot part way through the install but when I came back later to check on it the machine was powered off... and never powered back on since then. Went through all the debugging steps, called Apple and tried more stuff, but no signs of life at all. It's probably coincidence that it happened during an OS update but who knows?

Anyway, I dropped it off at the one repair place still open in the Bay Area and here's hoping it'll get fixed up quick. Luckily everything is backed up and Applecare is still in effect so I shouldn't have any data loss, just wasted time having to make do without the machine.

No comments: