Monday, March 4, 2019

It's Free Energy

It thrills me to announce this amazing scientific breakthrough: by connecting an ordinary light fixture between these two obvious ground wires, the previous owner of this house has shown me how I can illuminate a whole yard while drawing nary a single watt from the utility grid! Take that, energy-selling fat-cats!


I'm quite sure that this is the only logical explanation, and not that the previous owner was an incompetent clod and didn't know fuck all about how to run wiring.

Anyway, I'll put this all on my list of things that should probably be replaced someday. To ensure my safety against the people who would want to silence me and this miraculous invention, of course, and not because it's clearly shoddy work.

Also I added an extra lamp holder to each of the two boxes back there, which makes the lighting much more even in the yard now. Yay.

3 comments:

Mr.T. said...

My hot tub was wired with all white wires. Like the guy got a good deal on a big spool of white THHN. To this day I don't know how he knew which was which... OR maybe he didn't.

Nicoya said...

Just wirenut random ends together until it stops tripping the breaker.

Unknown said...

🤣🤣🤣 It reminds me of rewiring the three way light switch in NC so that it worked, when the wire colours were meaningless.