Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day back

First day of classes got off to a rough start when I ended up in the wrong classroom; seems I had written the room number wrong on my schedule! I had to scramble to find a computer with a network connection to get the right room number (twice, as I read the room number for the wrong section the first time) and only ended up 5 minutes late and a bit tired from running around in a tizzy.

Of course, my confusion was compounded by the fact that some classmates from last year were waiting in the same classroom. I thought this was rather odd as I was waiting for Classical Mythology, and these classmates were people I knew from taking Discrete Math. It turns out they were taking Linear Algebra, which I had already taken last year (well, I took Linear I, I'll have Linear II in the winter term).

My professor was glad to see me when I eventually showed up, though, as we had met last year due to the fact that she was teaching the same course right before my calculus course.

The next moment of grief came when I was killing a bit of time surfing web in one of the computer labs and noticed the clock tick over to 11:15. For a moment I thought I'd missed the start of my next class at 11:00, but a quick check of my schedule reminded me that it wasn't until 11;30.

The rest of the day went a bit smoother. Saw a few more classmates during the day, discovered that I'm taking intermediate calc with a few of them.

I also found out that apparently the lab portion of my Atmospheric Science course is somehow vitally important, though exactly what was to be covered in the lab wasn't really elaborated on. I suppose I'll find out soon enough. Apparently it's important enough to even have a lab exam scheduled for it.

Speaking of exams, I was informed that a few mid-term exams wouldn't be happening, all of which happened to be scheduled later on in the December exam period, which means I'll be done my fall term exams on December 6th and won't have to hit the books again until January 3rd.

As for next spring, my exams should be over and done with by April 11th.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm! I guess you could get a job for the month of Dec. just to keep you hopping and into the Christmas Spirit of Rush, Rush Rush.