Once again a few choice pieces of gear have fallen in my lap. This time I found a very nice deal on a nearly spotless Boss Micro Rack RPH-10.
This box applies a "phaser" effect to the sound, which basically mixes a bunch of slightly delayed copies of the signal with the original to cause phase cancellation across certain frequencies. It's hard to describe the sound of it in words, but when you hear it you'll know it.
It also came packed with some vintage packing material.
And just in case you forgot when that F5 tornado ripped through Oklahoma City, it was a few days before this.
And I guess the fellow who sold this got tired of keeping around this newspaper to remind them of that event. Idk.
In other news, I also got myself a Korg 01R/W, which was the successor to the legendary M1 (or technically the successor to the M1R, which was the rack version of the M1 keyboard, just as the 01R/W is the rack version of the 01/W keyboard).
I think this one was sold as "untested" but it works just fine, and even has an upgraded display (the originals tend to fail over time).
I hope it doesn't get in a fight with my Roland modules. In case you're wondering what it sounds like, you've heard it before.
So no dramatic hardware repairs in this instalment, but there's always next time.





No comments:
Post a Comment