Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Breathe Easy

It's that furnace filter changing time of year again. Except this will be the first filter change for the HRV pre-filter after being installed for roughly 6 months.

But before I clean the HRV prefilter I need to clean the HRV preprefilter, as it's managed to get plugged up a little bit.

It's not a complete disaster but this is definitely something I'll need to add to my regular maintenance checklist.

All that dust and fluff got sucked inside of course, so naturally I did this part before changing the filter so it wouldn't just immediately muck up the new one. And speaking of changing the filter, let's see how the old one looks compared to the new one.

Ok, yup, that's a bit of a difference. Let's have a look in some better lighting though.

Well alrighty then. I'm glad that dust is in the filter and not in my lungs.

The furnace filter managed to fare a bit better, though it's also much bigger so the dust and dirt is spread over a larger area.

But it's still definitely time for a replacement.

No comments: