Saturday, July 15, 2023

Life Begins Anew

Last winter saw an unfortunate number of hard overnight frosts up here in the hills where I live. This resulted primarily in my lantana dying, despite me trying to keep them covered overnight to prevent the worst of the frost from getting to them.

However, by some miracle, one of them actually managed to survive, and sent up new growth from the bare stump that remained this spring.

It's not exactly looking amazing, but it ain't nothing, at least.

Speaking of things coming back from the dead, my supposedly annual mexican heather has managed to pop up again, after spending quite some time showing no signs of life.

It's also maybe not looking too amazing, but I guess green is green.

I'm not sure how long I'll continue to torture these two plants before I rip them out and replace them with something a bit more frost-tolerant.

No comments: