Monday, January 2, 2023

Rounding Out The Year

So a new year is upon us, and I figured it'd be a good time to look back at 2022.

In cycling terms, at least.

2345 miles is the most I've done in a year, and is primarily a product of just being consistent and not missing rides. I'm normally clocking in around 2000-2200 miles.

Of course, had I looked at this stat page before the year ticked over, I might have been tempted to do a little 0.2mi spin on my indoor bike to round things out even further.

Speaking of unintentional round numbers, I hadn't planned on making exactly 185,000 feet of climbing either, so that came as a bit of a surprise. If the hours on the bike had totalled up to 200 exactly I might have started to get properly suspicious.

Looking at the grand totals, I suspect I might hit 20,000 miles by summer, and probably 1,000,000 feet of climbing well before that. The time spent didn't quite line up to 1234 hours but at least all the digits are there.

No comments: