Thursday, September 15, 2022

Well Lubricated Electrons

The simplest thing you can do to keep a small engine running forever is to change the oil. I only happen to have one small engine in my agglomeration of stuff, and it just so happens to power my generator.

So far, my generator has supplied me with highly energetic electrons for a total of 21 hours, which isn't a whole lot, but it's been a year or two since the last oil change so it was about time anyway.

So up it goes on the "hoist" to drain out the old and fill up the new.

The old oil didn't look awful, just lightly browned and a little shimmery with the fine metal particles that are pretty much inevitably shed from an engine like this.

I probably could have left it longer, but oil isn't expensive. Better to be safe than sorry.

No comments: