Saturday, December 11, 2021

Spaghetti Containment

For a while I've been looking for a way to tidy up the cables under my two standing desks.

It's not the worst thing in the world for them to be like they are, but it's also not really ideal. When I put my feet up on my subwoofer, for instance, the cables tend to tickle my toes. Plus I'd just like it to look tidier.

But that means I need to find a solution to actually contain the cables, preferably one that doesn't get really frustrating when I need to add, remove or change something.

Thankfully, cable raceways exist. The ones I got are maybe a smidge on the small side, but they seem to work well enough and were a lot cheaper than the slightly larger versions. I'm honestly not sure if the larger version would even add that much more convenience, though, as large cables tend to be highly annoying to try to shove into a raceway regardless.

I found that a few cables were too short to properly reach through the raceways and still make it to their destinations, so I've got some replacements ordered up on Amazon, and they should be here sooner or later. There's also a few things that have short cords that aren't going to get any longer, like my amplifier and my alarm clock. I could maybe add an extension cord or splice in a whole new cord, but it doesn't bother me enough to bother with either of those things.

The majority of the cables have been tidied, and that's good enough for me.

No comments: