Monday, December 6, 2021

Put the Kettle On

I've had dumbbells for quite a while now, and a few years ago I picked up a bar and plates, but in all that time I've never had a set of kettle bells.

Of course that all changed today, when the UPS guy dropped off my latest purchase from Rogue. They're 4, 6, 8 and 12kg. Oddly 10kg isn't a thing in kettle bells, and in fact the standard selection of weights has a number of peculiar gaps.

But the more important question is why would I need kettlebells when I already have dumbbells? The answer is forearms. The offset weight of the kettlebell makes it much easier to do a number of exercises that strengthen the wrist and forearms.

Since I smashed both my wrists to bits back in 2002, I've been a bit behind where I want to be with them pretty much ever since. Hopefully this will help me get caught up.

No comments: