Thursday, June 24, 2021

I Have Many Fans

Meet the new fan, same as the old fan.

The old fan worked just fine, but it had a minor issue: one of the bearings was faulty and started making rattly bearing noises. This was especially unfortunate since this fan is in my bedroom, and I like to leave it running when I'm sleeping.

Or trying to sleep, as the case may be.

But a quick call to Honeywell, better known as Hong Kong China Electric Appliance LTD, secured a free replacement unit, as the support person I spoke with agreed that ceiling fans should probably not make this kind of noise.

I didn't have to send the broken unit back, however. They simply invited me to dispose of it as I saw fit.

And so I shall dispose of it, by spending $2 on amazon to order a set of replacement bearings and fixing the problem at its source.

And then I'll have two ceiling fans.

No comments: