Saturday, December 26, 2020

Roop Loop De-Doop

Went on a little bike ride on Thursday. Decided to put some miles on Purple Haze and try out a stretch of road that a friend recommended to me. That road happened to be a good 30-ish miles away from me, so I made a sport of it and rode all the way there and back.

In all I spent 7:50 on the road, 6:15 of which was moving time. Not an amazing ratio but good enough to get the job done. When I rolled back in I was sitting at 89 miles, so I did a few loops around the neighbourhood to get a rounder number.

There were many lovely sights to see along the way.

I had a bit of fuelling trouble near the end. At about hour 5 I started feeling a bit queasy every time I needed to shove more sugar down my throat (protein and fats don't do shit while you're in the middle of exercise), so I ended up tapering off for the last 2 hours. I didn't really run out of energy so I guess it wasn't too bad but not ideal.

As for recovery, I took it easy on Friday and had a little extra nap, but I didn't really feel any worse for wear. Bit tired and a little stiff here and there, but nothing particularly sore or cramped.

I probably won't do a lot of rides like this, unless I somehow gain even more fitness, but it's nice to try every now and then.

No comments: