Friday, June 12, 2020

Shedding Some Light On Things

My band saw comes with a little auxiliary outlet on the back to plug in an accessory work light that they sell for probably way too much money. I happened to have some LED strip lights left over from a different project, and an extra 12v wall wart to power them, so I decided to stir the three things all together and see what it turned into.

Before:


And after:


Ok, so, not the most dramatic difference but my workshop is already pretty bright. It'll probably come in handy if I move the bandsaw over to the side of my car hole such that my fat ass will be between it and the hundreds of watts of overhead lighting I've installed.

And just for good measure, here's the money shot:


I actually bought the 1-ft IEC cable specially for this project, so I wouldn't have a regular 6 foot cable all spooled up in a big wad hanging off the back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's too bad the short cable didn't have a right-angle end.

Nicoya said...

Can't have everything. But it's on the back side where it's not too troublesome.