Saturday, May 23, 2020

Sorting Things Out

My bicycle tools and spares had outgrown their containment by a fair margin.


So an upgrade was definitely in order.


As a bonus, I was finally able to mount my truing stand to something, the way it was designed to be installed. Much nicer than clamping it to the edge of my coffee table every time I wanted to use it.

While I was out getting tool containment devices, I decided to grab a service cart as well.


This cart holds tools that are in use, separately from the work surface where the project itself is held. Most people end up putting both their in-use tools and project materials on the same surface, but I find that leads to too much conflict and clutter, and I end up wasting a lot of time moving materials out of the way of tools, and tools out of the way of materials. Thus, having a separate space for each, especially with the tool containment being mobile, makes for an ideal solution.

No comments: