Monday, February 17, 2020

$50 Sandwich

It's Paso Robles time again, this time with Tyler in tow.


The weather was nothing short of perfect and the roads were almost completely empty. As usual the pavement wasn't the smoothest in the world but I'll take it.

Lunch was delightful, I had a bbq roast beef sammy and Tyler had a turkey club.

Unlike other years where I bailed to head back on 101 (booooring) or took a detour up 1 through Big Sur (so much traffic!), we instead headed back the same way we came, up 25. I think this is the preferable route.

We briefly met another group of bikers who were half way lost trying to find nacimiento fergusson road, and they seemed amazed that we would drive 3 hours to get lunch, just to turn around and drive 3 hours back. Personally I'd pity a person who wouldn't.

It's just so easy to forget that the rest of the world exists when riding on these roads.

No comments: