Monday, June 24, 2019

A Portal to a New World

Ok maybe not really but I wanted to check out the west entrance to Rancho San Vicente OSP which isn't on Google Maps yet, and doesn't have a lot of signage on it.

The entrance is right next to Almaden Quicksilver, so if things connected well it'd only be a short bit of pavement to bridge the two and provide a dirt link over to Calero County Park and Rancho Canada del Oro OSP. That means I'd be able to mountain bike from basically my front door all the way down to RCdO with barely a few quick stretches of paved road, which is pretty cool. Of course, I'm not sure my legs would hold out very well.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2472156500

Anyway, it was a fun ride. Got all the way to Cottle Rest before turning back, as I had a late start and it was a pretty hot day.

No comments: