Saturday, September 15, 2018

Bike Bits, Take Two

I've set aside the idea of getting the Colnago for now as I have some concerns about durability and warranty service on it, and instead turned my sights to a Specialized Tarmac frame, like thus:



It's a top quality, reliable carbon frame, and now all I need to do is find one in my size... which is proving difficult. I'd like to get the rim brake version so I can reuse more of my existing parts, but if push came to shove I might have to switch to disc which would mean new wheels, and some other bits will get more expensive.

On the Cannondale front, it looks like Sports Basement will be able to take care of my warranty claim so I'll be able to recycle that frame into a new one, which I plan to sell, along with some other bits that won't carry over, on to help recoup some costs.

In the mean time it's starting to look like I might have to ride out the rest of the commuting season on my XC bike. Not the worst fate and at least I'm still getting exercise, but all the same it's not quite what I was hoping for.

No comments: